7 ADVANTAGES OF GROWING YOUR GARDEN
Various research and surveys show a long list of advantages of cultivating the garden. Here are 7 of the best ones:
1. Active garden farmers live 16-27% longer than couch potatoes according to research from The Danish Cancer Society.
2. Active gardening burns 330 calories an hour and will make people less overweight than their non-active neighbors.
3. Active garden farmers eat healthier with more fruit and vegetables than non-gardeners. And as a bonus they get to decide not to use pesticides.
4. Active gardeners have access to fresh and tasty vegetables, fruit and berries. Handpicked food matured in sun and soil taste better than industrial grown food matured in cooling containers.
5. Active garden farmers can save more than 130 euro for every 7 euro they spend on seeds. It is easy to grow crispy lettuce for less than 2 cents apiece.
6. Active garden farmers are more exposed to daylight and produce more serotonin, which help rising your mood and make you happier.
7. Active garden farmers are less stressed than people without gardens. Research shows that even half an hour of garden work reduces the stress hormone cortisol in the body.
INTERNATIONAL VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
TOGETHER WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD
Lindersvold is an international learning center that facilitates courses in community development and certification in non-traditional pedagogy. Our Center provides an opportunity to learn about the big issues of our time while preparing to assist community-driven projects in Zambia, Malawi or Mozambique. We believe in combining hands-on training with theoretical knowledge, alongside community living, gives students the best foundation for working with sustainable development and vulnerable youth.
The corona crisis hits marginalised communities particularly hard, deepening inequalities and threatening to set us back in our efforts to leave no one behind. Women are disproportionately exposed to the coronavirus due to a number of reasons.
On International Family Day we wish to highlight some of the activities that our project partners do in order to support families and communities in these corona crisis times.
Mother’s Day Since ancient Greece we have celebrated motherhood and fertility in the spring, when the land is once again coming to life with warmth and abundance - and still throughout the world today Mother’s Day has a special place in many hearts. We are not...